Social media have made a profound impact on the way businesses market their products and services. Did you think Facebook and Twitter wouldn’t last when they first came out?
Many of us did but boy were we wrong! Social media have taken most of the world by storm and if you own a business you definitely need to incorporate social media marketing in to your business plans.
Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs and LinkedIn have grown faster than radio or television! Social media has made such a big impact on business more than 70% of companies now have a Facebook page.
Social media does take time and work and must be done effectively. Below is a list of ten social media mistakes and what you can do to prevent them from happening.
- Not Being Consistent
- No Interaction
- Not Adding Personality
- Not Linking Accounts
- Not Asking for Likes and Follows
- No Quality Content
- No Call to Action
- Not Writing Effective Profiles
- Not Proofreading
- Getting too Personal
Hmm — I think I have to go through these 10 points myself with a healthy portion of self-criticism…
- How to develop a social media strategy (marketing.yell.com)
- Ten Social Networking Mistakes to Avoid When Marketing Your Business (gabrielcatalano.com)
- Social media marketing – The search for meaning, definition and success (marketing.yell.com)
- What is social media marketing? (marketing.yell.com)
- Social Media Marketing (dearsmarketing.wordpress.com)
- How To Use Social Media Marketing : 5 Suggestions (ruralstops.blogspot.com)
- 5 Common social media mistakes and their solutions (publicrelationssydney.com.au)
- Be social: How to prevent social media issues arising – part three (marketing.yell.com)
- The Top 3 Facebook Marketing Mistakes Of All Time (allfacebook.com)
- Why Marketers Never Learn From Others’ Social-Media Mistakes (bjconquest.com)
- 10 Preventable Social Marketing Mistakes (howtospoter.com)